Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thugs & blogger

Thugs/ is a ton of fun. And, for the time being, their tier 2 pet buffs of maneuvers/tactics/assault work on other thug pets at least, if not other pets in general. So now's a great time to roll up a thug/ mm! I think we've got 3 already - mine is thug/ta, Wave has a thug/dark, and False has a thug/something.

As you can tell I'm more excited by the new powersets than the 40+ content right now. The av/gm mega buff has really turned me off to all those AVs/ebs for the time being, as I would rather fight AVs (at the old level) in groups than EBs, and fighting AVs now is not very bright without the right team. Judging by the furor on the boards though, it will hopefully be undone (at least the huge hp regen rates) before too long. I'll probably be holding off until that point to do very much serious 40+ play.

Advice: IF you do plan to do the 40+ content, especially the patron arcs which have many AV/heros, turn your difficulty down to 3 or 4 if solo, or less if teamed. Pretty much the only way to beat av/hero/gms right now is with -regen. /dark has this in its heal, rad has it in LR. Bots has it to a limited degree in the assault bot blast, and cold has it in benumb - but neither of those is guaranteed perma, so be very careful!

Blogger has been very unresponsive lately, it looks like the whole database was down yesterday, hopefully they'll get it fixed before too long.

Tags: misc_

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

There are some issues with having a large team, at least until they get the AV thing hammered out. I will in no way spend 20-40 minutes of my time fighting the same AV/hero. I just won't, I'm not paying for that.

So, until the av/hero regen fix hits I won't be doing any large teaming 40+. In fact I turned solo down to vicious so won't have to deal with anything more than an EB.

Sadly, the 40+ content in general excites me much less than the new powersets do right now, so it might be a while before I get into that. Still, I've seen 3-4 of our 40s on most nights, so those people should be able to put something together. I think at that team size it's safe to team on level 2 :P.

6/10/2006 08:59:00 PM  
Blogger Palcioz said...

If I ever make it into the game, I'd be happy to run small teams with Pal or larger ones LKing Bray up. (Rad secondary = best anti-AV thing out there currently.)

6/10/2006 11:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home