Monday, July 24, 2006

No internet...

Sadly, Earthlink (or Time Warner Cable, who provides their NYC cable service) is experiencing a network outage, and I won't be online until it's fixed. Among other things, it's entirely possible that I won't be able to do the Paragon Protector farming tomorrow night.

It was the weirdest thing being able to get an IP address and ping the gateway but not be able to access anything else online. Couldn't figure out what was going wrong until my wife pointed out that we could just call tech support and listen to their pre-recorded service outage message. Silly wife...doesn't she know that if it's not online, then it doesn't exist?

Thankfully, I had episodes of Rome to catch up on last night. Maybe I'll finally go pick up Oblivion this afternoon and see if I can make my computer cry....

Hope to see you all in-game soon!

Update: Just realized that I can't even order groceries without the internet. Guess we're eating take-out. Perhaps I'm a bit too dependent on the internet. Oh, well...could be worse. I can't imagine going two weeks without electricity, and that's essentially right across the river from me....

Update 2: Ahh, internet restored just shy of 24 hours later. I guess if that's the only outage this year, they'll have scored 99.7% uptime, which sounds fine until you're in that .3%.

See you all at infiltrator tomorrow.

Tags: misc_

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home